We are looking for an experienced Android developer (Android SDK, Java) who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits, responsible for the development and maintenance of an in house application aimed at providing a software solution to automate our sales processes removing the use of paper.
Your primary focus will be the development of the Android application and its integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside a team of 3, therefore commitment to collaborative problem solving, design and creating quality products is essential.
This role would best suit a highly enthusiastic developer with Android development work experience, someone who is passionate, involved and opinionated when it comes to their work.
– Design & develop new features for a natively Android application using core Android components
– Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
– Managing the full life cycle of an Android app using Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development while working in a collaborative environment using Git tools
– Working with outside data sources and RESTful APIs to connect the Android applications to back-end services.
– Unit-test code for robustness, usability and general reliability
– Liaising with company stakeholders using a non-technical language, delivering time frames, progress reports and implementing changes based on feedback
– Minimum 1 year experience in building Android application natively, using both core Android components and 3rd party libraries
– Knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices. Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
– An analytical problem-solving mind
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
– Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
– Knowledge of Retrofit/ RxJava / RoomDB/ GSON/ Dagger/ ButterKnife will be an advantage
– You will need to be happy in front of clients in order to get the best out of our projects. Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
If you are interested, please email email@example.com or submit your CV below.